Article 5 EU AVG “Principles governing the processing of personal data”
- Personal data must be processed in such a way that it is transparent, proper and lawful. Article 9.2.b clearly stipulates that the processing must be necessary for the performance of the obligations and exercise of specific rights of the controller or of the data subject, in accordance with appropriate safeguards for the fundamental rights and interests of the data subject.
- Personal data must be collected for legitimate purposes and then not further collected in and incompatible with those purposes.
- Each organization must also adhere to “minimum data processing” which means that the processing is adequate, relevant and limited necessary for the purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data must be correct and updated! Indeed, the data subject has the right to obtain rectification from the controller if the personal data processed are inaccurate.
- The processing must be done in such a way that the data subjects are not identifiable for longer than the purpose for which the data were necessarily processed in the beginning.
- Appropriate security must be ensured by taking appropriate technical and organizational measures. Personal data to be processed must be protected against unauthorized or unlawful processing. Data must also be protected from accidental loss, destruction or damage. Here we talk about the integrity and confidentiality of processing.
Article 77 EU AVG “Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority”If a data subject does not agree with the way his or her personal data is processed, they have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority of the place where the data subject resides.
Filing a complaint with the government ;
- The complaint form must be filled out correctly,
- You cannot file an anonymous complaint. You can tip anonymously, though,
- You should first contact the organization your complaint is about. If this organization does not answer you correctly within the 30 days, then you can file the complaint,
- Keep the written complaint yourself so that you can always review your documents.